Monday, September 16, 2019

DERREN BROWN: SECRETS (Reposting of May 2017 Off-Broadway review)

(THEATRE'S LEITER SIDE is now a book--two books, in fact. No, make that three books! The first covers the 2012-2013 season, when, at the age of 72, I began reviewing plays. It contains full reviews and shorter comments on 150 shows, as well as a brief memoir on how I got into this critical mess. The 2013-2014 season follows, with 300 substantial reviews, so many it had to be published in two volumes (May to November; December to April). Both are available at affordable prices (paperback and Kindle) at Amazon.com. Christmas is coming so why not consider them as gifts for your theatreloving friends and family? Click here for more information.)

Derren Brown: Secrets was reviewed by Theatre's Leiter Side after it opened at Off Broadway's Atlantic Theatre in May 2017. It just opened at Broadway's Cort Theatre to rave reviews. Scheduling conflicts made it impossible for me to see it on the available press dates so I'm reposting my original, highly positive review, which appears, for the most part, to conform to what I've read of the current production. To read the review please click here.