Tuesday, February 13, 2018

158 (2017-2018): Review: PARTY FACE (seen February 12, 2018)

"Girls' Night Out"






For my review of Party Face please click on THE BROADWAY BLOG.


“Did the Folks Next to Me Like It?” (3)


(With apologies to the "Did He Like It?" website.) Often, I’m very aware of how the strangers sitting next to me at a show are reacting. I may hear the audience laughing across the way or behind me, while the man or woman beside me is sitting stone-faced. Or I may notice sniffling while I myself am falling asleep. Since I often wonder how they feel about what we’ve both just experienced I’ve decided to simply ask them and record their reactions by giving the show an on-the-spot grade on the scale of 1-100. 

As I prepared to leave I asked a pretty young woman for her grade but, saying she and her male companion were actors, she declined to answer. A little later, however, I realized that the two young women sitting next to me on the F train had been in my row so I popped the question to them instead. "75," they agreed after some hesitation, and we continued to chat about the play for several minutes afterward.