Thursday, February 15, 2018

159 (2017-2018): Review: PETE REX (seen February 12, 2018)

"Games People Play"







For my review of Pete Rex please click on THEATER PIZZAZZ.





“Did the Folks Next to Me Like It?” (4)



(With apologies to the "Did He Like It?" website.) Often, I’m very aware of how the strangers sitting next to me at a show are reacting. I may hear the audience laughing across the way or behind me, while the man or woman beside me is sitting stone-faced. Or I may notice sniffling while I myself am falling asleep. Since I often wonder how they feel about what we’ve both just experienced I’ve decided to simply ask them and record their reactions by giving the show an on-the-spot grade on the scale of 1-100. 

My plus-one, a knowledgeable and experienced theatergoer of around 50, suggested a grade of 65 but felt he was probably being too generous.